The advent of ultra-widescreen monitors has revolutionized the gaming world, providing players with an immersive, panoramic view that intensifies the gaming experience. However, not all games support this new format. To help you get the most out of your ultra-widescreen monitor, we have compiled a list of top PC games that offer ultra-widescreen support. These games are renowned for their stunning graphics, incredible gameplay, and compelling storylines, which are further enhanced by the ultra-widescreen format.
1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a masterpiece in the world of gaming that has been further enhanced with ultra-widescreen support. This action role-playing game developed and published by CD Projekt, is based on The Witcher series of fantasy novels.
You step into the shoes of Geralt of Rivia, a skilled monster hunter, in a beautifully crafted, open-world environment filled with quests, secrets, and choices that shape the storyline. The ultra-widescreen support adds a new layer of depth to the game's impressive visuals, making the exploration of the vast world even more immersive.
- Highly detailed and expansive open-world environment.
- Deep, engaging storyline with multiple endings based on player choices.
- Rich character development and skill customization.
- Some might find the game's complexity overwhelming.
- Occasional minor glitches and bugs.
2. Doom Eternal
As the latest installment in the renowned Doom series, Doom Eternal takes first-person shooting to a whole new level, especially when coupled with an ultra-widescreen monitor.
The game puts you in the armor of a Doom Slayer, tasked with combating demonic forces from Hell. The fast-paced, action-packed gameplay is nothing short of thrilling, and the ultra-widescreen support allows for a wider field of view, making demon slaying more satisfying than ever.
- Fast-paced, adrenaline-pumping action.
- Excellent level design that encourages exploration.
- Robust multiplayer mode.
- The game's high difficulty level might deter some players.
- Limited storyline and character development.
3. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order is a must-play for Star Wars fans, offering an engaging story, thrilling lightsaber combat, and now, ultra-widescreen support.
You play as Cal Kestis, a Jedi Padawan who survived Order 66 and is now on a mission to rebuild the Jedi Order. The game's ultra-widescreen support brings the Star Wars universe to life, making exploration and combat more immersive and visually stunning.
- Engaging storyline that adds depth to the Star Wars universe.
- Rewarding, skill-based combat system.
- Richly detailed environments and impressive visuals.
- Some might find the game's exploration-heavy focus tedious.
- Occasional technical issues and bugs.
4. Red Dead Redemption 2
Red Dead Redemption 2, developed by Rockstar Games, is a celebrated open-world game that offers an incredibly detailed and immersive Wild West experience, especially when played on an ultra-widescreen monitor.
The game follows the story of Arthur Morgan, an outlaw in a gang that's on the run from authorities. The ultra-widescreen support enhances the cinematic moments and breathtaking landscapes, providing a truly immersive Wild West experience.
- Deeply engaging and emotional storyline.
- Highly detailed environments and realistic wildlife.
- Wide range of activities and side missions.
- Some might find the game's pace slow.
- Occasional issues with the game's controls and mechanics.
5. Battlefield V
Battlefield V takes you back to the intense battles of World War II, and with ultra-widescreen support, the game becomes even more immersive, making you feel like you're truly in the midst of a warzone.
The game features a variety of modes, including single-player War Stories and multiplayer modes, all set during World War II. The ultra-widescreen support enhances the game's detailed environments and intense action, providing a wider field of view.
- Immersive World War II setting.
- Variety of gameplay modes.
- Detailed and realistic graphics.
- Some might find the single-player campaign short.
- Occasional balance issues in multiplayer modes.
These top PC games with ultra-widescreen support take gaming to a whole new level, providing an immersive, visually stunning experience that's hard to beat. Whether you're slaying monsters in The Witcher 3, battling demons in Doom Eternal, exploring the Star Wars universe in Jedi: Fallen Order, living as an outlaw in Red Dead Redemption 2, or fighting in World War II in Battlefield V, these games ensure an unparalleled gaming experience.